380 crate motor swap

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 18:27:12 EDT

Hey Jon....I think the 380 crate is a *great* way to go but there's the
whole computer compatibility thing. It would definitely require a custom
burned EEPROM to get that sucker to idle. Plus...you'd have to have the
injector bosses drilled and get an adapter for the throttle body unless
converting to a 4 holer. Best bang for the buck would be to have a B-Van
or Ram motor from a wrecked truck rebuilt (I'm talkin' the shortblock
here). Then get some mildly worked on heads, the SEFI M1 intake, that Comp
Cams 5.9L grind and yer good to go.

Question for Eric tho.......what flywheel did you use? Are there any 5.9L
stick trucks available from the factory? Is this a Mopar Performance piece?

**************************1997 RPM Dakota --- 14.98 @
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net
          Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com