Throttle body mods

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 08:16:49 EDT

>Is this to increase the CFM going into the motor or the velocity
> or both? A 360cu.in.motor needs 520 CFM at 5000rpm, right? What
> does the stock TB flow? Bear with me, I'm just trying to learn.

     No problem....we're all here tryin' to learn sumthin' 8^) Your
calculations are right on the money for theoretical cfm requirements. The
stock throttle body (and I'm talking about on the 5.2L....not sure if the
5.9L is the same p/n) flows right around that 520 mark. By
porting/polishing the throttle body you do both...increase the cfm slightly
and it's incoming velocity. Both help increase the engine's volumetric
efficiency which results in increased hp.

****** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 ******

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Email @ Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com