Re: Re: Throttle body mods (via Digest)

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 12:53:47 EDT

At 09:39 AM 5/26/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Sean,
>>Nice website! Definitely easy to follow
>>for anyone who wants to do throttle body mods.
>>Mike Catlin
>
> Thanks Mike...I promise I'll get some more pics up there as soon as I
>can find time to get back into the throttle body. For anyone that's
>interested in goin' nuts...I've got a Barry Grant (I think) catalog at home
>that's got larger diameter throttle blades if yer intested in really
>hoggin' the thing out. You'd have to have a pretty well warmed over setup
>to need sumthin' like that tho.

  Just talked to Mike at Powercurve {local dyno shop] and were discussing
  possible mods. He mentioned they had one of MP's $450.00 TBs on the dyno
  [ram I think}hardly any gain at WOT. But the throttle response was much
  better.Their working on their own TB for use on motors with few mods.
  [rollers, headers etc..] He said he liked the Dynomax headers,dynoed at
  12hp and 15lb ft. They are also big fans of the roller rockers.It would
  be nice to see dyno proof on each mod.

  Tony