Re: Nitrous not bad....users bad

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 21:10:53 EDT

IMHO, I thought about a MILD shot of the juice after my planned engine
mods, but financial problems have stepped in and changed my mind. Still
might do it though =)
I thinks a good 80HP shot of Laughing gas will help me get some Moving
Violations.....
-mike "I ain't afraid of no Gas" sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, AUTO-
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"Get outta' da' Ice Cream Truck! Dis' is a Jack move, sucka' "
                                        - Don't be a Menace to South
Central.....

On Tue, 26 May 1998 10:46:53 EDT Kabuki2 <Kabuki2@AOL.COM> writes:

><< It's not nitrous that's bad
> really. It's the user. If you take the precautions necessary to
>ensure
> there's always an adequate fuel supply, and you take care not to pump
>more
> juice thru the motor than it's current build state will handle, you
>won't
> have any more problems with nitrous than you would a blower or a high
>power
> naturally aspirated motor. It's usually laziness, poor judgement, or
> ignorance that causes the huge problems. Not to say that it's a 100%
> guarantee that nothin' is gonna happen but there's no guarantee that
> beatin' the motor on the dragstrip isn't gonna do sumthin' either.
>I'd say
> the fun/risk ratio is still excellent! >>
>
>I have ran my share of nitrous through stock motors before.. here's my
>experience with it.
>
>My Firebird started off as a junkyard car. I bought the car in may of
>96 for
>$2000, this was a car that had 84,000 miles, flawless interior, 4
>wheel disc
>brakes, WS6 suspension package, performance axle w/3.42 gear, power
>everything, and of course, the A/C worked! The only thing the car
>needed was a
>oil change (the oil was gritty!!) and a paint job (that has now been
>painted).
>
>Two days after I purchased the car, the exhaust had a leak in it so I
>had a
>local muffler shop de-cat the car and add a flowmaster muffler, that
>same day
>I purchased a K&N replacement filter and drilled holes in the airbox.
>
>Baseline the car went 15.30s @ 88 mph.. not bad for stock but I wanted
>more..
>
>A week later I purchased a wet kit from NOS, and installed it with
>100horse
>jets.. stock timing, stock plugs, stock wires, I didnt wanna mess
>around with
>this and that, I wanted to race!!!! I took the car to the track and
>ran 13.40s
>all day long, but I wanted more..
>
>(you will notice a pattern here)
>
>I installed the 150horse jets..I changed the plugs a heat range colder
>, put
>good wires on it, but kept the stock initial timing. I could never get
>a good
>run out of the car, the track didnt bite, the bottle didnt have enough
>pressure.. ect.. the best I could get was a 13.04.
>
>But on Valintines day, the car was on its 34th bottle, and with
>107,000 miles
>I rolled up to the staging lines, did a nice healthy burnout on my
>bald BFG
>Radial T/A 265/50/15s and staged. The car hooked and wheelhopped
>violently but
>at the end of the track I got my slip ... Here is what it read:
>
>R/T .966
> [...]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]