RE: Stereo systems

From: Mike Muise (Mike.Muise@digital.com)
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 15:10:39 EDT

jim miller [SMTP:jmiller@eramp.net] wrote:
> Has anyone tried to fit any speakers in the kick panels on a 97-98
> Dak.

I investigated this, briefly, before installing my system (in the
doors). The problem was the parking brake -- it's in the way.

You could move it, but in the words of some poster whose name I
forget, this "costs a shitload and looks strange". I've had my
passenger-side kickpanel off, and there is some space there.
If you're undeterred, my installer had a neat idea: get the parking
brake from a Fiero, which sits down beside the driver's seat, and
use that to replace the original.

cheers,
mike