Re: Throttle Body Mod G-Tech Results (Tony)

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 13:43:52 EDT

> >>Subject: DML: Re: Throttle Body Mod G-Tech Results
> >>
> >>Well I hooked up the G-Tech to check out my throttle
> >>body mods. I gotta tell you this truck was feelin fast.
> >>Well the G-Tech said 233HP! My readings before the
> >>throttle body mods were 217-220 (that was with the
> >>Mopar performance Air cleaner, K&N air filter, 180
> >>thermostat and Amesoil synthetic oil). The 233 is
> >>about a 13HP gain for the throttle body work (not bad).
> >
> >Snip...
> >
> >>Well I know its kinda long but that's what I did for about 13 HP
> >>and it looks great!
> >>
> >>Mike Catlin

> >Tony wrote:
> >Mike, wasn't the G-Tech showing 224 with your ram air system?

Tony,
Yes it was but that was on a "good air day" (Cool low humidity)
it's been humid & warm here since that (HP with the ram air in
bad air was 218 & 221) . I also took out the ram
air in exchanged it for the MP air filter & K&N filter.
Looks a lot better and sounds great. I took
measurements before & after the throttle body mods
so I could see if it helped. The 217HP & 220HP were taken
right before the throttle body mod, believe me I was happy with
the 220 considering the conditions (it's pretty humid here).
The 13 HP (233HP) gain was basically taken in the same
conditions as right before the throttle body work.
I'm looking forward to getting to the track hopefully
Friday although it's suppose to be in the low 90s :~(.

Mike Catlin