Re: Mopar air cleaner (Rick)

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 13:09:55 EDT

> Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From: MT Mafia <mtmafia2@yahoo.com>
> Subject: DML: Mopar air cleaner
> Rick Mangold wrote:
> To the guys that have installed the Mopar perf. air cleaner: do you
> know the part number and did the dealer have it in stock or did they
> have to order it?
> What part number K&N filter fits this assy.? Also is this a standard
> "sheet metal" aair cleaner or is it the finned aluminum style like the
> eldebrock 'signature' unit. Heading to the dealer on fri. to have some
> warrany work done, truck needs ball joints already with only 22,000
> miles on it. Anyway, thanks for any info you can give me.

Rick,
You have to order it part #P5249807. the K&N filter for it
is also a MP part #P5249011. It's finned aluminum just
like the valve covers, very nice. You will need to do some
modifications to make it fit. Radiator hose and bending the
base a little in the front. I did it to mine and it looks great.
Good luck.

Mike Catlin