Sean's plan

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 09:38:33 EDT

>Ok Sean, come clean!! Whats the plan man!?
>Eric K

     Well...typical stuff really. This might get boring so now's yer time
to delete. 8^)

Short block:

Don't touch it for now 'cept for the cam. Probably the Comp Cam grind or
possibly a custom.

Heads:

I plan to pick up a pair of the bare castings from MP. I'll get some mild
work done on 'em, the high flo valves, R/T springs. Most likely go with
Comp cams roller tip rockers, pushrods, and guideplates. Mill about .040
off to bump compression to 10:1.

Button it up:

M1 intake, additional throttle body work, headers, no cat, and eventually a
plate nitrous kit. I've got an idea on how to modify the fuel
filter/regulator to bypass it and install an external filter and engine
mounted pressure regulator and return line.

Figure all this over the next 3 years maybe. Also like to narrow the rear
(like to have rims with some "dish" to 'em) and install better axles with 5
on 4.5" bolt pattern so I can swap to a fat set of Mopar Rallye wheels.
Not sure what I'll do up front for the rims yet.

The final question I'm debating is the computer thing. I'm seriously
considering the switch to a carb setup. It'd be nice to have total control
over the engine and not need a laptop to do it. Cam choices would be
greater as you would not have to worry about the computer freakin' out cuz
the vacuum dropped out of it's range of control. This is where the custom
cam would fit in. I'd like to keep the ABS tho so I have a bit of
investigating to do yet as I believe the computer even handles voltage
regulation.

If I had some real money sittin' around I'd like to try a "dual quad" EFI
setup usin' two 3.9L throttle bodies or possibly a roots blower system with
the same "dual quad" fuel delivery system idea. Both of these would
require custom intake manifolds tho. Not difficult to figure out but
probably expesnive.

Whew....that's it for now.

****** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 ******

sean meldrum