removing decals -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 16:10:02 EDT

>>> <Toomey2me@AOL.COM> 05/28/98 02:43pm >>>
You guys made it sound so easy to remove those ugly decals so I
decided to try
it myself. It was sunny and around 70 outside. The passenger side came
off
with ease and left a little residue, but the driver side is another story. A
lot of the top part came off and left a white residue underneath. How do I
get
this off? Plus there is white residue and swirl marks on both doors. . .
can
I use rubbing compund or wax to fix this? Any info will help get my truck
into
shining condition.

Steven

97 Reg. Cab Emerald green V-6 Dak

I got the residue that was left off with a WD-40 saturated cloth when I
did mine, but you should get as much as you can off by rolling it with
your thumb first. You don't need to press hard, just be patient. This
should get any residue you have left off. When you're done, wash the
area like usual, let it cool, then wax it. This should take care of the swirl
marks. Good luck.

Steve