Great News!!

From: Dkota4by4@AOL.COM
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 20:37:26 EDT

O.K...l sent mail last Friday letting everyone know about the paint problems.
Well...here is the update. Monday morning l went to the dealer and let the
"paint expert" look at it. He told me that they would paint the "affected
portions" (which was the hood and drivers door according to him). All in all,
he was about as cordial as a pair of boxers that are too tight. Only said
about a dozen words to me and those were really short. Well, since these bad
spots are popping up all over the truck, l wasn't real pleased about this.
Tuesday morning l called Chrysler and let them know what was going on. Well,
Wed. morning l got a call from the manager from the local dealer asking me to
bring the truck in and let them look at it. I went in this afternoon and the
manager was gone .. but there was "someone else who could help me". Out walks
the same guy from Monday. Well, this time he has a much better attitude. We
started at the hood and worked our way around showing him all the bad spots.
Well after he noticed that the "affected areas" really included the hood,
right front quarter panel, drivers side door, CC, right side of the bed,
tailgate, left side of the bed, left side of CC, passenger side door, and all
the fender flares (which he told me were not factory installed until l showed
him 3 more trucks on his lot that had them on there), he decided that it would
be more cost and time effective to repaint the whole truck. So...bottom line
is...looks like I get a new paint job on my truck Monday.

Moral of the story: "if you persist ... Chrysler will fix the bad paint"

Russ
97 4X4 CC 318 SLT+
Rhino Python 160 14" FABM Hitch