Re: DML Digest V3 #855

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 22:26:13 EDT

>I am confused! If I wanted a truck without decals I could have ordered a
base
>model. If I take the sport decals off won't everyone just think I bought the
>"cheepie" Never understood dechroming, popular in the 50s. Just buy a
cheepie
>and no chrome. Why pay extra for something only to take it off. Somebody
please
>help me understand Used to have a Syclone and I worked hard to keep the
decals
>on. Didn't want anyone to think my $27k truck was a $7k S10. Why am I
missing
>the point?
>Jim Miller

        It's a kinda carryover street racer type thing. Never let 'em know
exactly what's yer runnin'. Plus....with the decals off it kinda has a
nice clean look to it. If I coulda got it minus the decals I would have.
Problem is....to get the V8 you gotta take the stickers too. I even tried
ordering mine with a 15 gal tank but had to pay the $55 for the 22 cuz it
was part of the package. Notice....mine *is* pretty much a "cheepie".
Only options other than the V8 and Sport were bucket seats, air, and 4WAL,
and limited slip. Nothin' that didn't have sumtin' to do with it haulin'
ass or safety. 'Cept fer the air....I aint' gonna roast my ass in the
summer. 8^)
*************1997 RPM Dakota --- 14.98 @ 91.76***********
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net