Bilstein shocks

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 12:01:08 EDT

Has anyone put Bilstein shocks on their Dakota and if so, how do you
like them.

I have 40,000 on my 95 and getting ready to replace the shocks. I have
hated the stock ones from day one. They don't seem to be able to keep
the tire in contact with the road. On any rough surface it feels like
the wheel and tire spend more time bouncing then in contact with the
road. It has been like this since I purchased the truck new. Have a
friend with a 94 Dakota and he has the same problem.

So I am looking for a GOOD shock and I know that the Impala SS digest
and the F-body digest highly recommends the Bilstein for cars, but how
are they for trucks.

Bob Nicks
95 Dakota V-8 (tow truck)
96 Impala SS 14.60