Re: Nitrous not bad....users bad (bill)

From: WillTier@AOL.COM
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 22:16:55 EDT

<< Tell me more about the Vortech problems. This is the system I have been
saving
 for to motivate my 96 Dak. >>

I don't know much about them other than what the guy at the drags was telling.
He now trailers it to the track because it so much heat under the hood that it
runs like crap until he can let it cool for a lenghty time and he said hea has
been through a lot of head gaskets (how many?) and just freshened the motor
and added a few go fast goodies like a cam and also had all the accessories to
make the Vortec work right but had the vortec unhooked until he got the motor
broke in. From what I understand they really need a intercooler to get the
most out of them. I had thought I wanted one until I read several articles
comparing them vs other options like NOS and decided I could do a lot more
with $4000 especially when I don't monkey around on the street and wanted the
performance at the track. This is the 2Cents the I heard about. Bottom line is
whatever turns ya on, go for...

Bill