Re: 98Dakota CD changer units

From: Ryan LeBlanc (leblanclist@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 03:56:29 EDT

That Alpine CD Changer works with all the controls on the factory head
unit. Part# CHMS-601. You do have to buy an adapter. I had a local
stereo shop install it for me in the glove box, for $475 out the door.
The premium factory system does have a separate amplifier... at least
that is what my factory manual says. It is a 100 Watt amp located in
the passenger side dash area. Haven't pulled the dash apart to see it
yet. This is a very decent CD changer and if you want, you can later
replace the head unit with an Alpine head unit (with a kit thought :()

Ryan
97 CC, 5.2L, 4x2, SLT+