ingnition upgrade on '97 too early? (via digest)

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 13:55:45 EDT

>A stock replacement should be fine .. don't listen to marketing hype where
>they boast that because they have a cap that's all brass, the electrons will
>just zoom right through it .. which is funny, considering a spark never zooms
>through anything, just over the "skin" .. so the marketing hype about brass
>being better than a plated metal seems quesitonable unless a certain plated
>metal is listed as the comparison ...
>
>once again, on a 97? .. seems alittle too early to me.

        There is something to be said for the increased conductivity of the brass
tho. The other big point for switching to the brass cap and rotor goes
along with the use of CD ignitions. The hotter spark of these boxes can
shorten the life of the stock type caps/rotors. Whether or not there's
any performance increase is really not the issue for me....it's the piece
of mind knowing that the MSD isn't gonna eat the stock cap after 20k miles.

And I did have a noticable difference in acceleration after my Moroso wire
install. I wouldn't say the truck was faster but it was exptremely obvious
that it was running smoother and less labored on accerleration. And I did
these b4 the cap/rotor/MSD/plugs so I know it wasn't anything else causing
this. Definitely worth the money IMHO.

*************1997 RPM Dakota --- 14.98 @ 91.76***********
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net