Champion Gold Truck Plugs in '97?

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 13:27:54 EDT

Are we using the 4071 plugs or the 4412 plugs? All of the
Champion reference books today said 4071 for 1997
V8. The 4412 plugs are for the 4-cylinder Dak.

I looked at the plugs side-by-side at the parts store and
the 4412 has a much longer electrode and insulator. It looks
like it reaches quite a bit further into the cylinder. I'm afraid
to switch to a longer plug until someone says they've done it.
I don't want Mister Piston and Mister Spark Plug bumping
into each other repeatedly at the Top Dead Center bar and grill.

Lemme know which part number you guys are using.

Also, what gap are we at with the Gold Plugs (and
factory ignition)?

Thanks.

-Scott

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."