Re: '97: Plugs, wires, 'stat and cap

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 20:07:47 EDT

Been there! I just kept the stock one and probably wasted my $$$. You may
wanna' try the Taylor Wires, I need to replace my wires, so I think I'll
try them.
-mike sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"I kick my rhymes like Pele"

On Fri, 29 May 1998 20:25:53 -0500 Marc Robertson
<marc@blackberry-ridge.com> writes:
>svieth@ameritech.net wrote:
>>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I've been thinking about replacing the factory plug wires on my
>> '97 for some time now. As long as I'm under the hood, I'm also
>going
>> to put in new plugs, the 180 degree stat and a new disty cap.
>>
>> 1) What brand of high performance wires is everyone using on
>> their '97?
>
><snip>
>
>I know that I will be branded a weenie for having a V-6 in my '94, but
>that's just the way it goes.
>
>I bought the MSD wires awhile back (which are labeled for the 318 but
>was told by Summit that they would be correct for the V-6), went to
>install them on the V-6 and found the coil wire to be way too short
>(about 14 inches total length). The coil is hanging off the right
>front
>of the block, the distributor (in presumably a pretty standard
>location)
>is on the left rear, so the coil wire would actually be longer than
>any
>of the plug wires (which it isn't). The new Summit order person says
>that only Taylor has the right wires for the V-6. Has anyone been
>through this -- and any suggestions?
>
>Marc Robertson
>'94 Dakota SLT

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]