Re: removing decals

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 18:50:47 EDT

no flamage =)
Hey Jim!
It's alright to be confused, I tend to stay that way =) I say, decal
removal is popular on the show scene, as well as dechroming. Some guys
like a lot of chrome, others don't. The problem with chrome is that it
oxidizes, which is points off if you want to win, so just paint the
thing, ya' know? It's all personal preferance. I like my chrome on my
Dak, but it's showing it's age. Besides, I can tell a cheepie from a
loaded Dak from a mile away cuz' I know what to look for. Maybe they just
want a sleeper or something... different strokes =)
=)
-mike sykes
88, V6, LE, 3.55, AUTO-
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"Get outta' da' Ice Cream Truck! Dis' is a Jack move, sucka' "
                                        - Don't be a Menace to South
Central.....

On Thu, 28 May 1998 07:28:41 -0500 jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net> writes:
>I am confused! If I wanted a truck without decals I could have
>ordered a base
>model. If I take the sport decals off won't everyone just think I
>bought the
>"cheepie" Never understood dechroming, popular in the 50s. Just buy
>a cheepie
>and no chrome. Why pay extra for something only to take it off.
>Somebody please
>help me understand Used to have a Syclone and I worked hard to keep
>the decals
>on. Didn't want anyone to think my $27k truck was a $7k S10. Why am
>I missing
>the point?
>Jim Miller
>Waco, Tx.
>Still waiting on 98 Sport. (Wonder where can it be?)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]