Re: Auto trans oil change

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 19:50:06 EDT

Jiffy Lube does this process... it's pricey, but worth it. It runs tranny
fluid through the Tranny untill it is all the same color coming out as it
is coming in.... saw it done on a 91 GTA... firmed up the shifts, like
new!
-mike sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"I kick my rhymes like Pele"

On Fri, 29 May 1998 17:58:12 -0400 Gary Ludwick <gludwick@csi.com>
writes:
>Saw something on MotorWeek tonight I didn't realize: when you change
>your
>auto transmission fluid you're only changing maybe one third of the
>fluid
>that's in there. The bulk hides out in the torque converter and you
>can't
>get to it. They were showing a new machine that power flushes out the
>entire tranny while it's running. And before you ask, NO, an
>individual
>couldn't afford the machine.
>But when you're ready for a fluid change, you probably oughta look for
>dealer or tranny shop that has one.
>Gary
>
>The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
>typewriters will NOT
>eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]