Re: DML Digest V3 #862

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 23:24:16 EDT

>lost (for some reason) a bunch of my low end grunt.
>I had to cut off some of my custom dual exhaust to=20
>put on my Hellwig rean anti-sway bar. (She corners
>pretty good now). I lost some of my low end but
>gained some more pull in the top end. Not to sure
>why this happened. Basically the exhaust is now
>dumping before the axle. Any body know why this
>happened?
>
>Shultzy
>97 Sport, V8

        Hey man.....meant to mail ya after I saw ya got a email address here and
that you were back in the states. Did ya cut the exhaust b4 or after the
muffler. If it's b4 the muffler you basically just lost all the
backpressure. I ran for almost a week this way b4 installin' the Race
Magnum (had a crap Cherry Bomb turbo on it for a couple days too) and I
noticed the top end increase right away. Since I was goin' from the stock
muffler I didn't notice a torque decrease tho. When I installed the Race
Mag. I kept all the top end and got a nice torque boost too. So...is the
muffler still on or gone for right now?
*************1997 RPM Dakota --- 14.98 @ 91.76***********
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net