Re: Alantic Nationals and cool air intake

From: Mori4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 15:36:29 EDT

<< I went to the Atlantic Mopar Nationals today...and man was it hot, at least
 200 in the shade. If anyone remembers my last post, at 950 miles or so the
 truck went a best of 15.563 @ 87.75. Since then I installed a drop in K&N
and
 did the floor register thing for a cool air intake. That's it. Almost every
 I knew there was running .2 to .3 slower than normal. My time slips showed
 the air temp between 85 and 89 degrees and humidity around 35%. Anyway these

  Hey Wayne, sounds like your truck is getting quicker considering the power
robbing weather conditions at E-Town. BTW; what's the cool air intake floor
register contraption thing your'e talking about? Maybe I can check it out when
your at Cecil Cty. The best E.T. my truck could muster was a 15.156 @ 89.05
mph on Sat. How did you do yesterday(didnt get a chance to see you). I was on
average 'bout a tenth and a half slower yesterday copared to Saturday. The
massive heat, humidity and head wind took their toll.
  Shane