Re: Breaking Driveshafts (HP) Was: Kids in the truck (via digest)

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 19:29:09 EDT

<< And speaking of driveshafts... What if that kind of power really is too
 much? Could the stonger driveshaft from a '98 R/T CC be used, or are
 they too different? What options do I have, other than buying a new
 driveshaft every week? And, what other parts are subsceptible to wear in
 high-HP situations? rearend? tranny? clutch? Are there beefier alternatives
 for those?

Jon, I dont mean to ruin anyones opinion of the new R/T's but besides
lowereing and putting in the 5.9 they really arent that heavy duty!!
Especially for racing.They really arent any different (performance wise) than
the SST. But I do love them! They are one of the best looking trucks out
there! (so does that make it better?) Double driveshafts in the CC really
kind of scare me as far as performance goes on the track! But only if youre
pumping a lot of HP! Ive blown my rearend 3 times!! Ive been through only 1
Clutch, ( I now have a Centerforce and love it ) and you all know that Ive
broken my shifter a couple times!! That damn thing is so long its like a
breaker bar!! Well, thats all I can think of, if you have any questions about
my Dak just ask, And for all the new R/T owners, Im really just jealous!!
Eric K
    Oh!! We have a Darango R/T at work that kicks ass!!!!!