Re: Info on the new 1999 Mopar V8

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@laker.net)
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 21:50:11 EDT

> The new engine has a cast iron block and two cast aluminum cylinder
> heads with a single overhead camshaft per bank and two valves per
> cylinder. It displaces
> 4701 cm3 (287 cu in.). A relatively small bore of 3.66 inches (93 mm)
> helped reduce overall length of the engine, packaging it for the
> compact engine bay of the Grand Cherokee. The stroke is 3.4 inches
> (86.5 mm).
>
> Breathing features include a new tuned-length runner intake manifold,
> free-flowing intake and exhaust ports and fast-burn combustion
> chambers. Operating with a
> high 9.3:1 compression ratio, the engine still only requires
> regular-grade fuel.

basically, chrysler made their own version fo fords 4.6l modular V-8 engine

which i am very pleased with in my mustang. if i am ewasy on teh pedal
(which doesnt happen very often), i can get 19 mpg from my car easy.

they are good engines.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://www.laker.net/moparman