Re: Electric fans on your Dak

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 23:05:43 EDT

bgbeaird@neosoft.com wrote:

> >I've been looking over the electric fans
> >Has anyone else removed their belt-powered fan and installed
> >an electric puller fan?
>
> >I'm thinking along the lines of the Flex-a-Lite Black Magic....
>
> Has anyone looked at the Grand Wagoneer 5.9 fan setups? They have a temp
> sensor that goes in the upper radiator hose and the wiring just goes from
> the sensor to the fan with a separate power hookup. It would be
> interesting if someone could take measurements and see if they might fit.

The Grand Cherokees have typically had a very wide and not very tall radiator
in them. Therefore it is necessary to use 2 smaller fans. A dak, however
has a much taller radiator so 1 large one might fit better. Notice in the
catalog the hp ratings the fans are supposed to be suitable for with and
without A/C. If you live in a hot climate like I do here is Texas you need
all the air you can get at slow speeds. In Houston with all the stop and
wait traffic you need a tornado under the hood. (Dallas too)Hay Gene, ever
been caught in traffic for a loooooong time?
JIM