Re: Electric fans on your Dak

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Sun May 31 1998 - 18:55:13 EDT

> The best place for a fan thermostat is in or near the thermostat houising or
> the cooling jacket area of a cylender head. You want to know the engine temp
> not just the radiator temp. It is very simple to build a power relay circuit
> to turn the fans on. You want to use a relay and power the fans directly from
> the battery through a fuse or circuit breaker. The 5 pin Bosch relays work
> well for this. I can draw a schematic for this but I would have to scan it to
> put it up to be seen and some people cant receive graphics. So if anyone wants
> to see what I have used on many electric radiator fan setups, Email me and i'll
> draw you one. These work well and dont let the fan run when the key is off.
> jmiller@eramp.net.

What are you going to use to "draw" your schematic?
Are you going to sketch it on paper and then scan it?
If so, there are a number of folks on the list (including me) who
could take your paper drawing and convert it to some electronic
format.

Personally, I'm pretty handy with Visio and could generate a
very nice drawing that could be added as a .JPG to Sean's
web page or the main Dak mailing list page for all to see.

How do you recommend we get a temp sensor into the water jacket
on the intake or heads?

Thanks.

-Scott

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."