Re: Catlin's air cleaner vs. FABM14

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 15:03:19 EDT

> Scott wrote:
> I saw your posts on installing the P5249807 and P5249011 filter.
> Is the filter a K&N-style reusable filter or just a paper throw-away
> filter?

The air filter kit came with a throw-away but I ordered
the P5249011 (K&N reusable dealer said) for it. The K&N in
the picture is actually not the correct one for the air filter
it's just one iv been using until the P5249011 comes in.

> Since the element is smaller on the Mopar Performance setup,
> do you think it will breathe as well as the FABM14?

It will probably never breath as well as a 14" but it should work.
The one I'm using temporary (K&N E-1530) has small pleats so I'm
hoping the MP one I ordered is thicker and then will have larger
pleats for better air flow. I'll let you know once it arrives.

> I really like the look of the M.P. air cleaner. It'd match the
> "Mopar Magnum" valve covers that are sitting on my kitchen
> table waiting to be installed. :^)
> If I may ask, where did you order the air cleaner and filter from?
> Thanks,
> - -Scott

I purchased both the MP air cleaner and MP K&N from my local
Dodge Dealer. The K&N in the picture I had got at a local
parts store.

Mike Catlin