Re: Engine Noise

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 16:24:00 EDT

Brian,
Take a look at your fan clutch. It may have leaked its juice and is now
only partially coupled. It can make a roar in this condition. spin it and
see if there is any resistance. Hows your operating temp?
BKB
At 12:59 PM 6/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I noticed a problem a couple of weeks ago when I first used the air
conditioner this year. Before I turned the air on the engine sounded great.
After turning the air on, It started making a loud "roar" when giving it the
gas from a dead start or having to really give it the gas (like when you
first start it up in the morning and the engine hasn't warmed up yet). This
even continued for a while after turning the air off. Well, yesterday I
used the air again and the same thing happened. However, this time I can't
seem to get the engine back to "normal". This is now about 24 hours later.

>Any ideas what is going on? I can't think of a better explaination of what
the engine is doing other than "roar." The truck is a 96 4x4 SLT 5.2l CC.
Any ideas will be greately appreciated.