B&M Trick shift

From: E. Frank Ball (frankb@sr.hp.com)
Date: Wed Jun 03 1998 - 14:31:57 EDT

} From: Hoopgj@aol.com
} Subject: DML: B&M Trick shift
}
} Has anyone out there heard of the B&M Trick shift trans additive? If so, what
} does it do. The bottle says it gives firmer and more positive shifts. How
} can a liquid affect the way an auto shifts? This is the first auto I have
} ever owned, and let me tell ya the whole thing is a mystery!!! All I know is
} that ya pull it into D and go. Somone on the list also suggested that I
} change the torque converter to go faster. Once again, I have no clue about
} this componant. All I do know is that is it kinda like a pump for the trans
} fluid. (I think)

The fluid has some sort of friction modifiers in it. It is similar to
the "Type F" fluid used in older Fords. It makes the clutches engage
better. I can't explain the chemestry involved, but it isn't B.S.

--
Frank Ball   1UR-M           frankb@sr.hp.com       (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard              (707) 794-3038 fax     (707) 538-3693 home