Re: replacing cat: suggestions???

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 23:54:35 EDT

At 04:39 PM 6/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The cat on my 92 v6 now sounds like the chains used by roller coasters to
>get you to the top. The local "expensive but good" shop says $325 plus
>labor and I haven't been anywhere else yet. Does anybody have any brand
>recommendations and costs. I could probably do this myself; since I'm in
>Illinois there are no regulations or inspections :).
>
>TIA,
>Mike Meyerhoff

I'm not an environmentalist by any means but I think I'll keep the cat. ;>
Been looking around and found:
Dynamax ~130
Jardin ~240
FloMax ~130
Anybody got any recommendations?? I need to order this immediately since
the cat blocks the exhaust and the truck doesn't like it at all
(undrivable).

"Why me" Mike

   // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
{ }|| | | ||{ } mmeye@umr.edu