Re: Transfer Case Fluid Change Questions

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Fri Jun 05 1998 - 17:40:44 EDT

I used good old fashioned open end wrenches, moving the drain plug and
filler plug miniscule amounts at a time.....

Its a pain in the butt, but do-able.....

I removed the skid playe first (a must)....getting under the vehicle laying
lengthwise under it helped a lot.....There was only one way I could reach
the damn things, and that was the most UNCOMFORTABLE working position I ever
had to work in.

Maybe a lift would make this chore easier...

At 06:15 PM 6/4/98 EDT, you wrote:
>OK well guys this time its a transfer case questions....my 93 Dakota is
>way overdue for the t-case fluid to be changed, I know it uses automatic
>transmission fluid, but I have no clue how to get the drain plug or the
>fill plug out! It seems like a socket isn't gonna do it since the frame
>brace runs like 2 inches behind both of the plugs....The heads on the plugs
>seem the 1 3/16 inch...but I am not sure.....anyone out there who has done
>this fluid change on their Dak 4x4 please help!!!
"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!