Perfromance modifications database

From: Psi363@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 10:53:12 EDT

To all interested:

I am in the processes of building a modification database. This will be a list
of modifications, who did them and what the results are. In this way we can
tell what mods do what. We can see if there really is a difference between
installers, brands and procedures. We can tell if there is a performance
increase or loss as well as what mods work well with each other. Example -
MSD might produce a loss alone, but is needed for use with nitrous. It will
take a week or so to build this, and of course it will be continuously updated
as I receive more information. I am going on vacation for the next three
weeks. I am leaving Tuesday and will be back on the 30th. During this time I
will be off the list, but anyone wishing to send any information, please E-
mail me direct @ Psi363@aol.com. Info I receive will determine it's
usefulness. If sending anything, please provide the following:

Type of modification.

All vehicle information (year, body type, engine, transmission, gears, tires,
etc.). Don't worry about sending too much info, it will all be used.

All modifications done previously, please do not leave anything out.
Something might seem insignificant, but prove to be important.

Part numbers and cost.

Installation notes, problems etc.

And most important, before and after performance numbers. This can be
dragstrip ET's (best), dyno numbers (good), or just a butt dyno report (still
useful). Hopefully you will have only made one mod at a time, but if you
haven't please send it in anyway. With enough data we can still make
comparisons. Remember to include weather conditions when testing. Things
like very hot or damp is better than nothing if you don't have actual numbers.

Please include any comments, warnings or ANYTHING relevant.

I do not have my own web site, but I will post this to the list, along with
updates, so anyone interested can download it. The success of this will
depend on how much info I receive. Any comments or suggestions are
appreciated.

Wayne