Re: shoulder harness failure

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 00:09:47 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/98 10:54:40 PM Central Daylight Time, jmiller@eramp.net
writes:

<< NOW, I tried the same thing on my
 wifes 96 Cougar and niether side would lock up by pulling on the belt. I
don't
 know the reason for any of this but Somebody does. Question is WHO? >>

Reminds me of a TR-7 I used to have (a Brit. car from the late 70's that looks
like a fat Fiero). The seat belts on this car wouldnt lock up by just pulling
on them. There was a pendulum inside near the roller that when you would jam
on the brakes, it would swing forward and slide a pin into the ratchet gear
inside.
Now I'm not going to go rip apart my Dak seatbelts (until I blow another rear
spkr) but mabey the system is the same.
George
(my 2.5 cents)