Re: RE: (MSD on or off)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 20:02:36 EDT

<< BTW when you installed the switch did you use a SPDT and just double up the
 coil connections? >>

I'd have to dig out the wiring Diagram I made but I think I use a DPDT and a
relay for the MSD side but I can't remember why until I looke at the sketch. I
am using the MSD Blaster 3 coil both ways, just not the MSD box when on stock.
There was no way I could figure to run two coil wires and didn't want to swap
back and forth. I tried both coils and found no noticeable difference. Also
the MSD has multiple sparks under 3000 rpm thus smoother idle and such. I
didn't relly notice any difference at idle or low speeds just loss of power
for hills,passing and .2 loss in 1/4 mile. Tried it several times with same
results. Now with the Juice on I have the plugs gapped at 40 with no
noticeable missing any where using juice where without MSD I had to gap at 32
and would have a miss or two at top end once in a while. So I believe it does
give a little better spark on juice at top end but definate loss without the
juice. I also have a regular route I take to the track which includes a long
windey hill I had most of the time been able to pull this hill without a shift
down after the MSD I usually had a shift down now with the switch and back to
stock 99% of the time no shift down even with a passenger. Does not make much
sense for sure but a proven fact in my case and two other cases with Jacobs
Igniitions (both Pro Street units and both went back). So I and others will be
very interested in how your test comes out.

Bill