Re: Friday night drag results R/T

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 23:28:20 EDT

Well went to the track Friday and got one run in before
the rain came. This was after my throttle body mods
so I was curious to see the results. Only problem was
I had also switched to a MP open air cleaner since my
last trip to the track. So unfortunately I don't have
times with just the throttle body mod since my last trip
at the track was with my ram air set up. I'll be
correcting this the next time I go since today I put back
on the ram air today. I'm going to keep this on until
I go to the track (hopefully next Friday again) and that
way I can see what the throttle body really did good or bad.
When I go to the track next I will also compare the ram air
to the open air by switching to the open air after my first
run (takes 5 minutes to switch) and using the open for the
second run. Anyway here's the results Original base line
readings and Friday nights one and only run. Did I tell
you It feels like I lost some low end and gained some top
end as a result of the throttle body and or air cleaner
switch. Take a look: (R/T Club Cab)

         Original base line MP open air &
         W/ Drop in K&N throttle Body Mods

60' 2.2157 2.2634 (.0477 slower)

330' 6.3797 6.3953 (.0156 slower)

1/8 mile 9.8660 Broken 1/8 mile timer!

1000' 12.8989 12.8457 (.0532 faster)

1/4 mile 15.4684 15.3865 (.0819 faster)

1/4 speed 87.9934 MPH 89.0170 MPH (1.0236 faster)

Well you can see either I got a bad start or I lost some low end
not sure which since I only got one run before the rain. I'll find
out next Friday hopefully.

Mike Catlin