Re: My door locks suck too!

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Sun Jun 07 1998 - 21:01:10 EDT

><< now that I have heard so many of thes complaints ,I think we might have
> fornd a manufacturing defect, Those door locks are supposed to be rust
> proof. We might find that the pivot rivot for the arm in the door latch is
> not set ( that means pressed, headed, or pounded } together properly. An
> other possibility is the clearance on the pivot is not correct.
> ---------- >>
>All I know is that its pissing me off! I cant get my pass door open! Driver
>door is fine now, but the pass door Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>eric

My black '95 has done the same thing on the driver's side. Seeing as it's a
lease, I took it back in and they "apparently" replaced the rusted lock.
Now the door sticks and you have to pull on the handle quick and hard in
order to open it. It doesn't sound the same when you close the door either.
Passenger's side sounds and feels normal. Funny how the white '95 hasn't
done the same thing. Normally, I would take it back and have them fix it
again properly, but I don't have the patience or the time right now. We're
trading it in for a '98 or '99 in October, so I don't care that much
anymore. It really is starting to sound like a manufacturing defect, isn't it?

Norah & Jason
          '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab, V6/3.9L/Manual
next: '98 or '99 Dakota Sport black 4x4 CC V8/5.2L/Auto