FPIK option....Follow up

From: GSWillhite@ualr.edu
Date: Mon Jun 08 1998 - 18:10:12 EDT

Here is the rest of the story people. After the install I wrapped an old foil window
reflector around the 3"pipe because it conducts heat only to well. I do not recommend
this type of insulation, but it was necessary at the time. Cranked the engine, took
it for a spin. Words can barely describe the feel of Gforce on the body. Damn, no
FABM ever felt this good!!!!!!!! Jim, Jon, Bill, Gene, Sean, you guys need to check
this out. Especially those with the Gtech.Here is what some of the items cost:
K&N filter ---$ 42
3" aluminized pipe $10 (if your wondering,yes the muffler crew thought I was nuts)
1 10" bracket w/ 6-5/16 holes $ .90
1 L shaped bracket $ .45 (same size holes, this is for the stock box mt.)
Assorted SS nuts & bolts $ 4.00
1 foil sun reflector $ 4.99 (again not recommended, for temp. use only)

total figures in the $ 65.00 range. Not bad compared to a $200.00 market item !

gs

98 5.2L 5spd(you betcha!...sorry Bill) 3.92LSD