Re: Re: Re: 360 into Dakota swap attn. woodgate

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 01:37:51 EDT

<< The only thing I am uncertain about now is what radiator to use. I'm sure
that the radiator on the 3.9 is too small. I need something that can provide
ample cooling for moderate towing >>

Considering the year of your truck, I would try to get all the motor mounts,
and radiator for a 89 Shelby Dakota. These had V8's, and most importantly,
the shorter front sheetmetal. Later Daks changed the front sheetmetal to give
more room for the V8's. Also the Shelby Daks used electric cooling fans, you
may want to get those also. I wouldn't be surprised if your radiator and fans
are the same as the Shelbys. Sounds like the swap wont be too hard. Have
fun!!!

Brad

P.S. Watch out with the torque converter you use, as the 360's are externally
balanced engines, 318's and 3.9's I beleive are internally balanced engines.
try to use the 360 converter, but make sure it mates up to the input shaft of
what ever trans you are using. Motor should bolt right up to your trans.