Replacing cat/cutting pipe

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 06:39:41 EDT

Mike,

A good tool would be a Sawzall, which is a reciprocating saw used by home
remodlers. You can fit them with a 6" metal cutting blade that will make short
work of the exhaust pipe. You can rent them at the local rental place.

I used to use my torch when roing exhaust work. Now that I have the Sawzall I
leave the torch alone. I also use it to cut up the old exhaust to 3' sections
to fit in the trash.

Drive Safe,

Joe

>Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:48:45 -0500
>From: Michael Meyerhoff <mmeye@umr.edu>
>Subject: DML: Replacing cat/cutting pipe
>
>To replace the cat I'll have to cut the old one off and use clamps to
>splice the new one in. How should I cut the pipe while it's on the truck??
>I don't think I'll be able to get a hack saw in there.
>
>mm
> // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
>{ }|| | | ||{ } mmeye@umr.edu
> [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab