Re: Hacker or WHAT?...

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 13:49:01 EDT

svieth@ameritech.net wrote:

> 2. Jules, though extremely knowledgable, has a tendancy to pop onto
> the list, leave a few morsels of info and then submerge again for a
> month. That tends to FRUSTRATE some of the readers on the list.

well... 281-354-7223 call and anyone can post the latest "JULESFLASH"...
according to j....re: dodges, women, booze, bad-ass roadsters, bass
fishing and cool harleys... and horseback riding...oh, yea... snow
skiing...& gardening

"film at 11:00!"

> Most of us are computer hacks who also own trucks. We read and
> respond to our email every day (if not every hour). On the
> other hand, Jules is "truck guy" who happens to have access to a PC.

actually j is a truck guy but with a degree in hot rodding AND
accounting with emphasis on software and computers - in GAAP/& much
public & private sector experience in accounting sysetms/'puters but not
a wiz like youse system guys (administrators & MBA dudes...) and he is
very knowledgeable as a user with his (very own) 'puter...

when i was in college windows was to look out of and day dream about hot
rods...

i don't need to be a wiz on 'puters as im supposed to be a whiz on
dodges...:)

AND besides... a good pal of mine is a EE-systems/admin EXPERT and has
his own consulting co here in the city and does VERY WELL with big name
houston businesses...etc etc

he has and does all of my computer systems...

> I'm not assinging blame, I'm just saying that Jules doesn't interact
> with the list as much as some of us would like.
>
> I've thrown a few barbs at Jules but I *do* respect his knowledge.
>
> -Scott

> I've thrown a few barbs at Jules but I *do* respect his knowledge.

barbs... as in stones

but it is OK... keeps the pace lively! :)

and you have our attention scott! :)(

j/mpi....

now... see ya in a week or so...
gotta go and get catalogs and tbis out