Re: RE: What can MPI do?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 13:28:49 EDT

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, jules wrote:

> WillTier@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 98-06-03 18:47:49 EDT, you write:
> >
> > << Not to mention the MSD that dropped more than a tenth and gained a mph or
> > so>>
> >
> > I don't know if I'd believe that one. In my experience I found the MSD (or
> > Jacobs) creates a loss in both ET (.2) and power over all. I have a MSD for
> > use with the retard box for running NOS but have a switch which will disable
> > the MSD 6A (keeps the Blaster 3) when not running NOS, definitely runs better
> > without it when not on juice.
> >
> > Bill
>

> maybe you hooked it up wrong... huh?

    Based on what I know about Bill from a few years worth of e-mail messages
and a couple of years worth of running down the strip with him every week,
I'd say that's *highly* unlikely. Darn near impossible, as a matter of fact.

   I've seen a magazine claim an E/T increase after installing a Jacobs system,
but I have yet to hear from anyone on the DML who has not experienced a loss
after installing an aftermarket ignition. There are, in fact, three documented
cases of losses, one with an MSD, and two with Jacobs. What's your experience
been with aftermarket ignitinons? You've obviously seen/sold a lot more than
most of us have. Have you ever seen or done any dyno or stip testing to
verify the performance changes after an ignition install?

                                              -Jon-

  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.29@88.58), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |