Re: Crower 1.7 Roller Rockers

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 15:44:57 EDT

Is the stock magnum engine ratio 1.5 or 1.6? Going to 1.7 could deviate
pretty far from ideal geometry if stock is 1.5. Why not a new cam instead
of the rockers? Should provide better performance without geometry
compromise. Comp cams and Mopar put out a couple of offerings. I know what
its like to suck a valve at high speed and LOOSE. Oh, and then PAY to
rebuild. Wont those rockers violate your warranty? Guess you could suck a
valve, put the stockers back on and then complain to the dealer, but those
cut out baffels are going to be a give away...
BKB
98 amethyst CC R/T 360 (stock, but waiting for the right mods)
74 Jensen Interceptor MKIII 440 (w/windage tray + ...)
72 Cuda 340 (BIG cam, 1.5-1 rockers + windage tray amongst many other things)
65 formulaS barracuda 273 4bbl, mechanical valve train
67 Cortina GT (lotus + lucas, what a match)
90 Tbird SC (damn #*&%^ ferd)
etc etc.