Re: V8 Oil capacity

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 18:42:50 EDT

stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< With my '96 5.2l, 5 quarts puts it exactly
 there. (I always change my filter; if you don't change the filter,
 you'll need less, of course.) Its nice not having to worry about
 getting half a quart in there; I just empty, put on a new filter,
 and dump 5 quarts in the top. I run it for a minute or so and shut it
 off, then wait a few minutes and check the level, just to be sure. So
 far, its always been in the same place; right in the middle. >>

I do exactly the same thing on my 96. It always comes out perfect. Used to
let the dealership do it until the filled me up and gave me an extra qt in the
pan!!!! Blew the manifold gasket right behind the dist. I took it in
complaining about an oil leak, they told me that "I filled the oil too high"
Man did they have S**t all over their faces when I showed them the service
sheet from them showing them they did the change. Do my own oil now!!!
George