FIPK Option........attn:Jim,Jeff

From: GSWillhite@ualr.cs.fredonia.edu
Date: Wed Jun 10 1998 - 11:18:14 EDT

The K&N part no. is RE-0810. The dimensions if memory serves are 4"dia.front x 9"L x 6"dia.
in back. The filter does fit nicely between the A/C line and the Computer. The end of the
filter just clears the LEFT most computer plug by 3/4" when installed properly. I wish I
could tell you the degree of bend on the pipe, but its necessary for the shop to taylor
make the pipe to your underhood layout. I will give you pipe info if you want it.

Jim, I didn't want the "pressurized area" or a small airtight space. I feel this would limit
the intake volume of the K&N when not moving (less throttle response). However, I do have a
4" cold air inlet on the left side of the radiator. When you remove the stock box you have
two mounting studs. One of these lower studs can be used to mt. a heat shield to collect
cold air while providing a thermal barrier from the exhaust manifold. Using an L bracket,
a mud flap & some aluminum I plan to create this barrier as soom as time will allow.

The fact that this system is working so well means I will put my FABMs in the closet. the
throttle response was incredible, instant power Jim, and with your headers you would
benefit more. I will be the first one to say for the sake of the list that an FIPK of
whatever type needs to be studied and its finding compared to the FABMs. All I can say
is I have done so using the butt dyno and the FIPK wins by a landside. I will go out on
a limb and say the difference could be 5 - 8 hp over the FABMS.
gs