Fresh Air

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 10 1998 - 13:39:40 EDT

I saw an article in a MoPar mag a few years ago about a guy that was
adapting the famous "Shaker" intake to just about any hood desired .

Anyone know if this is possible on my '98 CC R/T ? It looks to me that even
if you could get the hole in the hood , that the clearance between the
firewall/cowl and the area where the Shaker would need to be would pretty
damn close at best .

I just got the truck this past Saturday and I am already hot and heavy for
MoPower !

Any word on any bolt on mods such as headers , 'puters , throttle bodies ,
etc. for the 5.9 in the R/T ?

I also saw some references in the archives about a Kenne Bell supercharger
. For those of you who know , which of the bolt on supercharger systems is
the best as far as HP gains and ease of installation as well as cost ?

I haven't had a good look at the underbelly yet , does anyone know if you
can get true duals on these things , or are we pretty much set to a
Cat-back system ?

Man , this truck sure beats the brakes off my old '94 4-cylinder Sport that
I traded , I'm just glad that premium goes for about $1.05 around here !

With a Stiffy for my new truck ,

Jack