MPI t-body? (Thanks, George, but...)

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Thu Jun 11 1998 - 09:10:13 EDT

>>> <Hoopgj@aol.com> 06/10/98 05:58pm >>>

A2. The mods are, the tbi is ported and polished after being stripped
down to the last screw.

A2b. The difference I felt was incredible. There is no more low end lag,
it pulls hard from 900rpm, to 5400rpm (truck shifts here) The mid-range
torque is really great.

A4. If ya have the extrd $$$ laying around, go buy a new one from CC
and send it to Jules. He can turn it in about 5 days, then sell him your
core (he buys them) and you break even on the new one.

George

Hey George, thanks for the response but I have just a couple more ???'s
if ya got a minute.

Q2. OK, so the throttle bores were ported & polished. Was anything
done to the top of the throttle body? Specifically, was the lip around the
perimeter of the bores modified? How about the blocks that reference
the air cleaner? If you've seen the work that Mike Catlin did to his, this is
what I am trying to compare to.

Q2b. Low- & mid-range torque increases!?! Now you're talkin'. That's
exactly what I'm lookin' for.

Q4. Thanks for the tip. Probably wouldn't of thought of that. 5
days is much more bearable than 6-7 months. I bet you were dyin'.

Thanks, again.

Steve