RE: Fuel Pump Question

From: Dewey Thorson (dkthorson@HASimons.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 11:48:42 EDT

David,
I have a '93 V8 4x4 that has the exact same problem. After driving for a
while and letting the truck sit for a few minutes, it will start, then
sputter and die. I need to wait usually 20 minutes to restart it. This
has happened 4 times in the last 2 months. I read a tech bulletin with
driveway die outs as the symptom. It claims the fuel pump needs to be
replaced with one with a higher output pressure. I have the part number
at home that CC says should be used as the replacement. I'll try and
remember to get it to you. At least you should be able to see if they
installed the correct one.

Good luck, and pass on any info you find.

Dewman