Re: Downshifts while coasting...

From: Donny M Hayes (hayesdm@scott.net)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 13:07:54 EDT

My 98 RT also has done this once. From what I can understand, it is a
computer glitch. I was told it was a combination of vacuum,temp, throttle
sensors and the computer is trying to keep the engine in the correct rpm
range. My dealer service guy, who usually is pretty knowledgeable, told me
once it started, most likely it would not stop until the truck was shutoff
and restarted. That was the case for me, but it only has happened once, so
I don't know for sure. Hoping it never happens again though.....