Re: ATTN: whiners and antagonizers !

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 13:28:01 EDT

At 10:17 AM 6/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a gripe about people griping and startin' little "fisticuffs" via
>the list .
>
>I think we should all remember what our mothers said , "If you can't say
>something nice , then don't say anything at all."
>
>Like this ongoing crap of trying to relive the civil war with Tony and Eric
>I think it was .
>
>I mean , obviously the guy in NC is not a racist and just likes what he
>likes ! I think that the other guy was really trying to antagonize him as
>much as possible .
>
>My point is this , I may not like some of the people in this group
>personally , but we all have a common thread that binds us . We don't have
>to like everything about everyone , that's what individuallity is .
>All that IS required is that each of us be decent and not infringe on
>anyone else's rights or whatever .
>
>Think about it , do you really want everyone in the U.S. to be just like
>you ? How boring that would be ! I know I wouldn't want anyone to be JUST
>like me !
>
>The bottom line is that if you don't like what someone has to say , than
>either talk to them in private WITHOUT INTENTIONALLY AGGING THEM ON , or
>just grin and bear it .
>
>And if you think that a friendly response to a post is inappropriate , then
>take whatever steps you need to be satisfied , because no matter how much
>you want this list to be strictly to do with useful info on the Dakota ,
>there will ALWAYS be people that have common interests that will send some
>messages that are "useless" . I guess we should just flog these people to
>death for being friendly and social , two things that are lacking in
>today's society .
>
>As a matter of fact , I should be burned at the stake for making everyone
>get this message .
>
>What was I thinking !
>
>How dare me !
>
> Welcome aboard, Jackie, that drivel that you have been posting fits right in
  with the rest of these humorless, closeminded twits. It has been so easy
  to manipulate your little minds. Never in my life have I seen more
  poorly written crap. You are pathetic sheep who think you have some
  worth from your common interest in a little pickup.How sad.One last
  note on the south, why is it that the southern states are always the
  lowest in literacy? Look in the mirror for the answer.You may now go
  back to discussing bedliners and other fascinating subjects.