Re: re: rims

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 08:05:42 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/98 11:46:09 PM Central Daylight Time, frankb@sr.hp.com
writes:

<< Dodge never put 6.5" wide aluminum wheels on a Dakota. If you have a
 pre-'97 they are 6" wide, as is marked on the inside of the rim. Rim
 width is measured INSIDE the rim flanges (hard to do with the tire on) >>

Damn, wrong again. I am really batting 1000 here lately. You are right, I
just went out and looked at the door sticker and it says 15x6. Now I really
need to get them bigger. I did know that nobody could do aluminm about 3
years ago, but I figured that technology could have jumped enough to suit my
needs. LOL But really folks, I guess I am barking up the wrong tree. Guess
its back to looking for wheels.
George