Re: Dakota R/T vs. GMC Syclone

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 19:09:10 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/98 12:05:29 PM Central Daylight Time, Pytho212@aol.com
writes:

<< GMC Syclone Specs: Power to weight- 12.5 lb/HP
 - 4.3L V6 Turbo Charged 280HP
 - AWD
 - 3500lbs
 - 0-60MPH 5sec

 Dodge Dakota R/T Regular Cab: Power to weight- 14 lb/HP
 - 5.9L V8 250HP
 - Rear wheel drive
 - 3508lbs
 - 0-60MPH 6.9sec

 So guys it looks like the only thing the Dakota lacks is traction. What can
 we do to improve this substantially? What is everyone's thoughts? >>

Trust me when I say the stock dak has no chance against the syclone. I work
with a dude who brings his syclone out on nice days. Just for fun we lined up
and went for it. I was doing good for about 4 seconds, but once he got the
turbo spinning full boost, first thing I saw was the rear window of his truck,
then the rear tire, then the tailgate, and finally brake lights. This is a
really tough truck and should be given the respect it deserves.
George
Still love my Dak, even though she lost